Phone: (02) 8239 3298
Date of Admission
- Admitted to the NSW Bar in September 2009
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales in July 2000
- Admitted as a Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of NSW in August 1999
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Western Australia in April 1998
Areas of Practice
- Family Law – Parenting and Property
- Care and Protection
- Professional Negligence
- Wills and Probate
- Adoption Law
- Bec(Hons) University of Sydney 1993,
- LLB University of Sydney 1996,
- LLM University College London 2002
- Member of the Family Law Section of the NSW Bar Association
Heather practices primarily in the field of Family Law where she undertakes complex parenting and financial cases.
Heather is accredited as and appears regularly as counsel for the Independent Children’s Lawyer in both the Federal Circuit Court and the Family Court in Sydney and in Melbourne, and has a particular interest in de facto financial cases, relocation matters and alienation cases.
Heather also has a busy practice in the Care and Protection jurisdiction, instructed in both primary Children’s Court hearings for both natural parents, psychological parents and the Independent Legal Representative, and in District Court appellant hearings from the Children’s Court.
Heather has extensive experience in Local Court and Children’s Court criminal matters and has a background in medical defence litigation, insolvency and bankruptcy and succession.
A warm and personable barrister, Heather is a very forceful advocate who shows an empathy and understanding of a client’s emotional issues.
Heather is a member of the NSW Bar Association LARS scheme and is a fierce advocate for fair access to the court system for disempowered litigants.