Phone: (02) 8239 3266
Year of Admission NSW Bar: 2016
Admitted as a solicitor: 2007
Indraveer practices principally in commercial and employment law, and in the judicial review of migration decisions. He has appeared in a wide variety of Courts and Tribunals at both trial and appellate level, and primarily appears in the Federal Courts, the District Court of NSW, and the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
He was junior counsel assisting the Royal Commission into the Protection and Detention of Children in the Northern Territory in 2017 and has also appeared for the Medical Council of New South Wales in the exercise of NCAT’s protective jurisdiction under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW).
He has a keen interest on the fetters of executive power, and regularly appears in judicial review applications in the Federal Circuit and Federal Courts in respect of visa cancellations on character, as well as asylum seeker refusals. He regularly assists solicitors with legal matters that interface with migration issues – in the criminal, employment and family law jurisdictions.
He accepts briefs in all areas of law and from inhouse counsel.
He was, prior to coming to the bar, the principal of the HIV/AIDS Legal Centre where his principal areas of practice were employment, insurance, wills and estates and migration.
- Review and Recommendations for Reforms of Australian Laws and Policies Relating to Entry, Stay and Residence for People living with HIV (2014) (co-authored with Alexandra Stratigos, Mary Crock and Ron McCallum AO)
- HIV and Consent: When Yes means No (HIV Australia Vol 8., No. 4, 2011)
- Chapter – Legal responsibilities in relation to HIV and viral hepatitis, HIV, Viral Hepatitis & STIs – A Guide for Primary Care Providers, Australian Society for HIV Medicine (2014) (Reviewer)
- Chapter – Health law, The Law Handbook : Your Practical Guide to the Law in New South Wales, Redfern Legal Centre (Thomson Reuters) (various editions) (Co-author)
- Zaburoni v Minister for Immigration and Border Protection  FCAFC 205 (with Stephen Lawrence, Special Leave application outstanding) – Migration – Jurisdictional Error – Apprehended bias – Ministerial Discretion
- Official Trustee in Bankruptcy & Galanis and Anor  FamCAFC 20 (led by Patricia Lowson) – Matrimonial Cause – Application to Set Aside Financial Agreement by Trustee in Bankruptcy – Jurisdiction.
- Ali v Minister for Immigration and Border Protection  FCA 650 – Migration – Jurisdictional error – Exercise of discretion by Minister
- Reynolds v Bonnici  NSWSC 828 (led by Patricia Lowson) – Succession – Doctrine of Ademption
- O’Connor v O’Connor  NSWSC 1648 (led by Benjamin DeBuse) – Preliminary Discovery – Acquisition of company
- AGU v Commonwealth of Australia (GD)  NSWADTAP 3 – Privacy – Application of NSW Privacy legislation to Commonwealth Authorities – Statutory construction – Crown immunity
- QY & QZ v Sydney South West Area Health Service (EOD)  NSWADTAP 48 – Anti-Discrimination – Statutory construction – Meaning of the word “person”