Phone: (02) 8239 3266
Year of Admission NSW Bar: 2016
Indraveer was admitted to practice as a solicitor in March 2007, and admitted to the Bar in 2016. He is also a registered migration agent.
Indraveer has experience in employment, insurance, anti-discrimination, migration, and privacy law
as well as local court criminal matters.
His trial experience is predominantly in the NSW Civil and
Administrative Tribunal, the Local Court and the Federal Circuit Court but he has appeared in the District, Supreme and Federal Courts.
He accepts briefs in all areas of law.
He worked as a solicitor with the HIV/AIDS Legal Centre from March 2007 until April 2016, and as the Principal Solicitor of the practice from June 2013 onwards. As a migration agent, he has significant experience in the operation of the health criteria and its impact on visa applicants with disabilities.
- Review and Recommendations for Reforms of Australian Laws and Policies Relating to Entry, Stay and Residence for People living with HIV (2014) (co-authored with Alexandra Stratigos, Mary Crock and Ron McCallum AO)
- HIV and Consent: When Yes means No (HIV Australia Vol 8., No. 4, 2011)
- Chapter – Legal responsibilities in relation to HIV and viral hepatitis, HIV, Viral Hepatitis & STIs – A Guide for Primary Care Providers, Australian Society for HIV Medicine (2014) (Reviewer)
- Chapter – Health law, The Law Handbook : Your Practical Guide to the Law in New South Wales, Redfern Legal Centre (Thomson Reuters) (various editions) (Co-author)
- Minister for Immigration and Citizenship v Shume  FCA 158 – Migration Law – Jurisdictional error – Character cancellation
- SZWCM v Minister for Immigration & Anor  FCCA 874 – Migration Law – Jurisdictional error – Health criteria
- SZUFQ & Anor v Minister for Immigration & Anor  FCCA 3406 – Migration Law – Jurisdictional error – protection visa
- QY & QZ v Sydney South West Area Health Service (EOD)  NSWADTAP 48 – Anti- Discrimination – Statutory construction -Meaning of the word “person”
- TU v AMI Australia Holdings Pty Ltd t/as Advanced Medical Institute  NSWADT 290 – Anti- discrimination – Goods and Services – Disability Discrimination
- JM and JN v QL and QM  NSWADT 66 – Anti-discrimination – HIV Vilification
- AGU v Commonwealth of Australia (GD)  NSWADTAP 3 – Privacy – Application of NSW Privacy legislation to Commonwealth Authorities – Statutory construction – Crown immunity
- Official Trustee in Bankruptcy & Galanis and Anor  FamCAFC 20 (led by Patricia Lowson) – Matrimonial Cause – Application to Set Aside Financial Agreement by Trustee in Bankruptcy – Jurisdiction.
Registered Migration Agent (MARN: 0901944)